Monday, May 7, 2012

Suspiria Remake in the Works




Giving you the things you never asked for, Crime Scene Pictures is moving forward with their Suspiria remake with David Gordon Green in the director's chair. Now you are probably thinking one of these things:

a.) No.
b.) No. Thank you
c.) Wait. That stoner movie director?



While remakes are in general unwanted, I have to tell you why I'm not worried and maybe a little excited about the Suspiria remake. Before David Gordon Green was the king of stoner comedies, he made a few films that take place in his home state of North Carolina that are naturalistic and beautiful. The complete opposite of Pineapple Express. He also comes from the "no budget" film philosophy. See clips from George Washington and All the Pretty Girls below. It makes me wonder if Suspiria is going to be more of a passion piece, because it will have more potential for artistic grace than something like the next Jonah Hill movie.


My last note is that I hope he finds someone cool to do the soundtrack. Goblin's soundtrack to Suspiria is so iconic in my mind, it's hard not to think about one without the other. Be good to us David Gordon Green.

Do ya'll think it will be good? Tell me all about it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I don't know about this. This is one of those movies that doesn't need a remake. I think Suspiria is Agento's masterpiece. I'm not a big fan of too many of his other films.

    I guess all I can say is bring it on. If it sucks I'll just go back to the original.

    Swing by my page
    grimmreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. I'm hoping this remake is a tide changer. A Suspiria remake might be the perfect palate cleanser after another slew of possession movies or another "House located somewhere" movies.

      Nice page and thanks for the comment.

      Delete